Piaggio Group has launched the Vespa RED special edition in India at Rs 87,000 (ex-showroom, Mumbai)
Based on the model Vespa 125, the new variant of Vespa Red has merged with (Red) to create awareness about AIDS and is also raising funds to help AIDS patients in India. The company will donate a maximum amount of Rs 3,275 ($50) to the Global Fund to help AIDS patients across the globe on every purchase. (RED) is an organization founded by U2 band frontman Bono, and Bobby Shriver to help fight AIDS. Indian actor, Farhan Akhtar presented and owned the first Vespa RED in Mumbai today. The Vespa Red scooter is available for sale at Piaggio dealerships across the country.
- On the every purchase, the company will donate a $50 (Rs 3,275) to help fight AIDS.
- Vespa is the first automotive brand to collaborate with (RED).
- The Piaggio Vespa RED is based on the Vespa 125.
- The company might launch the 150 cc model if there is demand.
- The Vespa RED is powered by a 125cc, 3 valve single-cylinder air-cooled engine which makes 10 bhp and 10.6 Nm of peak torque.
Powered by a 125cc, 3 valve single-cylinder air-cooled engine, the Vespa RED offers 10bhp at 7,500 rpm and 10.6Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. The engine comes mated to a CVT gearbox. The scooter also receives a red art leather seat beside the other standard features. The classic design Vespa RED scooter is based on a strong monocoque chassis, a unique single-arm front suspension and a rear dual effect hydraulic shock absorber for comfort. A 220mm front disc, 140mm rear drum brake, and trendy digital instrument cluster are among the other key features of the scooter.
The company is also offering colour coordinated exclusive (VESPA) RED merchandise including a helmet and T-shirt which can be purchased from the Vespa dealerships.